People have been using castor oil for centuries for the treatment of colds, fever, worms and constipation, but these are not its only beneficial properties.
It is also very effective in removing kidney stones and works great for liver detoxification.
Take castor oil orally in order to:
- Boost your immunity: it stimulates the lymphocyte production and in enhances the lymphatic drainage.
- Boost blood flow: castor oil will stimulate the circulation of the blood, and it will prevent long-term health effects.
- Relieve the symptoms of arthritis: this oil will soothe the arthritic pain in the joints by flushing the lymphatic system.
- Digestive health: castor oil acts as a mild laxative, and it will help the detoxification of the system, thus preventing digestive issues.
- Balances hormones: because it purifies the blood and improves the circulation, castor oil will also regulate the hormones in your body.
- Fight fungal infections: both the topical and oral use of this oil treat fungal infections. If you use it externally, you need to apply a couple of tablespoons of heated castor oil, on the painful area.
If you take this oil orally, you need to choose pure, cold-pressed, high-quality castor oil. It is also important not to consume it more than 7 days. You need to start with low dosages and then slowly increase them up to one tablespoon for adults and one teaspoon for children.
If you are suffering from liver issues, or kidney stones, it is recommended that you use castor oil packs. These packs will detoxify your liver, soothe inflammation, break down kidney stones, enhance the lymphatic circulation, support ovarian and uterine health and improve your blood flow.
It is important that you also drink lots of water, in order to keep your body hydrated.
How to prepare the packs?
You are going to need:
- Castor oil (high quality)
- Washable spa body wrap
- Cotton pad (you can also use wool flannel or cloth)
- Heat pad
- Lemon essential oil (this one is optional, but it is highly recommended)
Take the castor oil and then add a couple of drops of lemon essential oil to it, and moisten the flannel or the cotton pad with it.
Put it on the abdomen (right side), just below the rib cage, in order to detoxify the liver. You can place the pad on the area where the kidneys are, to detoxify your kidneys.
Secure the cotton pad with a body wrap around the entire abdominal area, and then on top of it, place the heating pad. In the next 60 minutes, relax and leave it to act.
Be advised that pregnant women should not use castor oil orally. It is also very important to know that you are not allergic to it, before you start using it. To test that, just take some castor oil and rub it on your wrist. Also, you need to be careful not to use too much castor oil because it may clog your pores.