Turmeric is among the healthiest herbs on the planet. It contains an active ingredient called curcumin, that is very effective against inflammation.
This makes it great for treating conditions like osteoarthritis and rheumatoid. There are many studies that showed that curcumin can prevent some types of tumors from growing. One study showed that turmeric extract that contains small amount of curcumin, can stabilize colorectal cancer, and other studies show that it can prevent high cholesterol levels, Alzheimer’s disease, colitis, stomach ulcers and skin diseases.
South Asian cuisine uses turmeric as a flavor enhancer. It can be incorporated in your diet in number of different ways and one of them is the amazing turmeric smoothie.
Turmeric is the superstar in this smoothie, but the other ingredients are incredibly healthy as well, which makes this smoothie one of the best immunity boosters out there.
- Half a teaspoon of turmeric
- One cup of coconut milk (it contains fiber and it is rich in C, E, B1, B5 and B3 vitamins)
- Half a cup of mango or pineapple (it prevents deficiency of vitamin C in the immune system)
- Fresh banana (contains potassium and keeps the proper function of the heart, muscles, brain and nerves)
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon (it lowers the levels of blood sugar in people with diabetes)
- Half a teaspoon of ginger (it alleviates the pain that is caused by arthritis and premenstrual cramps and it also reduces nausea and dizziness)
- 1 teaspoon of maca powder (it is an energy booster that treats anemia and chronic fatigue)
- One teaspoon of chia seed (contains large amount of calcium, antioxidants, fiber, protein and omega 3 fats)
- Pinch of ground black pepper (it can increase the absorption of the properties of the turmeric)
In order to see how to make this drink, we suggest that you watch the video below: