Pineapple is a tropical fruit that is formed by multiple fruits of berries, that have merged together. You can consume this fruit cooked, fresh, preserved or juiced.
This fruit and its juice are used in a number of different cuisines around the world. Pineapples are a significant source of thiamine, vitamin B, manganese, bromelain and dietary fiber. The vitamin B and thiamine are energy boosters and the manganese acts as an antioxidant agent. Pineapples contain no cholesterol, no fats, and they are extremely low in sodium, which makes this fruit perfect for the people that are on a diet.
Health benefits of pineapple
- It is an anti-cancer agent – because it contains bromelain, this fruit can fight against cancer, and it also contains beta-carotene that can prevent prostate and colon cancer.
- Fertility – Pineapple peels can help both men and women’s fertility. The reason for that is that it contains vitamins and minerals like zinc, vitamin C, folic acid, and beta-carotene.
- Can prevent cataracts – pineapple peels contain a high amount of vitamin C, that can protect the vision and decrease the risk of cataracts.
- Can prevent osteoarthritis – pineapple peels can prevent osteoarthritis because they contain tons of anti-inflammatory contents.
- Asthma – pineapple peels are packed with beta-carotene that can turn into vitamin A during the digestion process. When combined with exercises, this can greatly reduce the risk of asthma.
- Cardiovascular health – vitamin C is an agent that can decrease the risk of coronary disease and improve your overall heart health.
- Anti-inflammatory properties – pineapple peels contain anti-inflammatory properties that can treat sports injuries. The peels can also relieve pain.
Homemade pineapple juice
- One pineapple
- One liter of filtered water
How to prepare it:
You need to wash the pineapple and then remove its shells. Remove its crown and then boil it. Let it cool down and then add the filtered water. You can add some sweetener to improve the taste. Lastly, strain the juice so that you can drink it.