General

You Should Never Give These Foods to Your Pets


Looking after your dog is not easy.

First of all, you should be very careful with the foods you give to your pets. If you think that they can eat all kinds of human foods, you are wrong.

Continue reading to find out the details.

Avocado

Avocado contains persin. Persin is a poisonous substance which can cause vomiting and diarrhea in dogs. Also, this substance increases their heart rate and causes breathing problems which can lead to myocardial tissue damage.

Caffeine 

Coffee and tea contain the chemical methylxanthine, which can cause vomiting, diarrhea, excessive thirst, excessive urination, irregular heart rhythm and even seizures.

Chocolate 

Chocolate contains theobromine, which is similar to caffeine. Dogs process this component much more slowly so it leads to building up toxic levels in their system.

Grapes and raisins

What substance in grapes and raisins causes toxicity in dogs is still not known, but these foods can cause severe kidney damage in dogs and cats.

Milk

Milk is not good for your cat because they don’t have the enzymes which are necessary to digest the lactose in milk. Milk and other products which contain milk cause them diarrhea or other digestive problems.

Onions and garlic 

Onions contain the component thiosulphate which damages the red blood cells of the cats and dogs and leads to toxicity.

Undercooked meat, eggs, and bones

Many people give their dogs bones, but bones can cause your dog to choke. They can also cause damage to their gastrointestinal tract. Raw meat and raw eggs may contain Salmonella, E. coli, and other harmful bacteria, which can cause them fur and skin problems.

Salt

Foods which contain too much salt causes excessive thirst and urination. Moreover, it can lead to sodium poisoning. Your dog may experience vomiting, diarrhea, and fever as a result of sodium poisoning.

Candy, chewing gum and baked good

Some candies, chewing gums, and baked goods contain the sweetener Xylitol, which causes hypoglycemia and liver failure in dogs.

Alcohol 

You would never give your pet alcohol, but if by any chance your pet ingests alcohol, it will experience vomiting, diarrhea, loss of coordination, unusual movements, breathing difficulties, coma, and even death.

Thank you for your attention.

 

 

 

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

To Top