Dark circles under the eyes are a very common condition.
Tiredness, lack of sleep, and increased stress levels are some of the main causes for dark circles and bags under the eyes. Gradually, the bags under the eyes begin to store fat and fluid. This leads to inflammation which makes them more visible.
Genetics, allergies, side effects caused by consuming certain drugs are also factors which influence the development of these dark blemishes.
If they are not treated on time, certain excess puffiness around the eyes might require a surgery.
The following natural remedies treat this condition.
Sweet potato has high water content which hydrates your skin and reduces inflammation. Cut potato slices 1.5 thick. Then, put them in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. After that, apply them on your eyelids and bags. Leave them act for 15 minutes. Rinse your face.
Cucumbers have powerful anti-inflammatory activity. They cleanse your skin and moisturize it. Cut cucumber slices 0.5 cm. Apply them on the area around your eyes. Keep them like that until they are warm. Then, change them with new slices. Keep doing this treatment for 20 minutes. You’ll notice the improvements immediately.
Green tea has many skin care benefits. It prevents fluid retention, cleanses your skin, and reduces inflammation. All you have to do is drink one green tea in the morning and another one in the evening.
Cow or goat’s milk
Put the milk in the refrigerator. It should be cool before you use it. Then, soak 2 cotton balls in it and apply them on your eyelids. Leave them to act for 15 minutes. Then, rinse your face with cold water.
- Getting 8 hours of sleep is very important for your appearance. Also, a good night’s sleep will improve your skin health.
- Reduce your salt intake.
- Be physically active.
- Drink 8 glasses of water per day. Keeping your body well hydrated means better health.
- Consume diuretic foods like: cucumbers, lemons, ginger, celery, oats, beets, cabbage, parsley, watermelon, and so on.
- Too much exposure to sunlight is bad for your skin. Make sure you always apply moisturizer on your face and body.
- Make sure you always choose high quality skincare products.
- Don’t rub your eyes in order to avoid irritation and damage to this delicate area.