Massage therapy is one of the oldest techniques of healing known to history.
Experts explain that there are more than 80 massage therapy styles, which involve different pressures, motions and rubbing. In some techniques you even have to use your forearms, elbows or feet. The ancient Hindus, Persians, and Egyptians used massage to treat many health conditions.
Today, massages are part of many recovery, injury and rehabilitation programs. They are used to treat low back pain, arthritis, fatigue, high blood pressure, diabetes, suppressed immunity and more. Massages are known to help you reduce stress levels and tension, which can be risk factors for many diseases.
One of the best massages you can have is the feet massage. Why is that so? According to reflexology, our feet are connected to different parts of the body.
By massaging your feet every night before bedtime, you will feel these positive effects on your health:
- Improves the look of your skin
- Improves your blood circulation
- Improves the quality of your sleep
- It reduces swelling, especially during pregnancy
- Improves the function of the organs
- It relieves restless legs syndrome
Have a look at the following 6-self massage techniques. The instructions are very simple to follow.
- Hold your toes with one hand. Hold your ankle with the other one. Now, slowly rotate the foot by changing directions.
- Push your heel with one hand and simultaneously push on the back of the foot (nail side) with the other hand positioned in the opposite direction. Keep pushing them for about 15 seconds.
- Keep your thumb and forefinger on the Achilles tendon. Then, push down on the foot near the toes with the other hand. Make sure that the heel is stretching.
- This exercise is very simple. Just try holding the foot on both sides. Now, turn it to one side and then to the other side. Repeat several times.
- Pull one toe. Then, continue pulling your toes one by one.
- In this exercise, you should pull all the toes at once. Hold one hand on the big toe, while the other one should be placed on the other four toes. Then, pull the foot positioned up. Shake it.