A Man’s Body Full of Worms After Consuming Sushi

If you are a sushi lover or you enjoy eating spicy tuna rolls, you should know the country of origin of the fish and how it’s prepared. 

You should be very careful if you don’t want to experience the same health problems as this man. 

If sushi is not prepared properly it can seriously affect your health. This man ate a portion of sushi and a few minutes later he felt severe abdominal pain. He went to his doctor and the scans showed that his body was full of parasitic tape worms. 

To be more precise, the worms were Diphyllobothrium.  Diphyllobothrium is a parasitic species which is present in all fish. They can cause a condition called Diphyllobothriasis after a person consumes undercooked or raw fish. 

Diphyllobothriasis causes these symptoms:

  • Sharp stomach pain
  • Weak muscles
  • Sudden weight loss
  • Diarrhea
  • Feeling lightheaded
  • Poor appetite
  • Sleep disorders

Parasitic worms can be deadly. They can get into your head and live there for years. They can even be difficult to diagnose. The worst thing is that they are usually detected when it’s too late. There are cases when even cooked fish is not safe to eat and people get infected with parasitic worms. 

So, next time you are eating this type of food, you should be extra careful. 

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To Top