Headaches are a very common problem, and every person has experienced some sort of headache at some point in his life. Anxiety is also a common health issue.
To treat these problems, the people ingest all kinds of medications, which do not deliver the outcome that the patients expect. Lavender lemonade on the other hand, is a natural way to treat anxiety and headaches. On top of that, it is delicious.
People who have tried lavender lemonade, absolutely love it because it has a pleasant aroma. You can use lavender of flower oil.
It contains more than 150 active ingredients. It has potent antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antidepressant, antifungal, antispasmodic, analgesic, antimicrobial, sedative and detoxifying properties.
A study that was conducted in Florida, showed that lavender oil can treat anxiety and it can lower the pulse rate in students that are stressed because of the test they are about to take.
In hospital environments, lavender aromatherapy lowers the pre-surgery stress, and it can be more effective than a massage. It can also help in cases of labor pains, depression, hangovers, sinus congestion and insomnia.
Because it is very healthy, and it possesses all those calming effects, the people have been using lavender oil for centuries.
These are examples which contain findings from clinical trials on the effects of aromatherapy:
- This aromatherapy can lower the need for conventional analgesics because it can lower the perception of pain.
- People that received lavender oil olfaction for just three minutes, were much more relaxed, with an improved mood, and their senses enhanced.
- According to the studies, lavender oil aromatherapy positively impacts the patients which are in the ICU. In the very first treatment, the researchers showed anxiolytic effects. However, this was not so effective in the next 2 treatments.
- There was a study which showed that when this oil is used in a burner, it affects the mood of the staff and lowers their stress levels. More than 85% of the staff responded that they indeed felt better and that the lavender oil contributed to the improvement of the work environment.
- A study that wanted to examine the effects of aromatherapy with lavender oil, showed that it positively affects the mood on the female patients suffering from chronic hemodialysis.
The effects of this type of aromatherapy was estimated with the help of the HAMD (Hamilton rating scale for depression) and HAMA (Hamilton rating scale for anxiety). Aromatherapy with lavender oil drastically reduced the HAMA scores.
How to prepare the lavender lemonade?
- ¼ of a cup of dried, culinary lavender. Or just use one drop of lavender essential oil
- Six lemons, peeled and then juiced
- One cup of raw honey
- Five cups of water
- Lavender springs (for garnish)
How to prepare it:
Pour two and a half cups of water in a pain and then boil the water. When it reaches its boiling point remove the pan from the heat, and then add the dried lavender and the honey. Let it steep for 20 minutes, and then strain the mixture and put it in a bigger container. Next, add the rest of the water and the lemon juice and carefully stir. You can keep the lemonade in your fridge.
There are also other ways that lavender can improve your health:
- You can add five to six drops of lavender essential oil in your hot tub. This will help hydrate your skin.
- You can diffuse 12 drops of lavender in your room to relieve stress
- You can add two drops of lavender to your organic oil and prepare a body oil that will improve your skin, help you sleep better, and calm and relax your mind.