Herbal remedies can sometimes be a much more effective solution than modern medications.
Nature has given us many natural remedies and we can feel free to rely on them. A number of plants can treat health disorders and diseases.
Laurel is one of the most common culinary ingredients as it is used in almost all cuisines worldwide. But, did you know that laurel has a variety of health benefits? The best thing is that it is easily available in health foods stores and markets.
Let’s find out the medicinal properties of this herb.
- Relieves premenstrual syndrome symptoms.
- Reduces anxiety.
- Treats cysts.
- Relieves muscle tension.
- Increases your energy levels.
- Helps with headaches.
- Reduces arthritis pain.
- Improves your mood.
- Treats skin infections.
- Relieves abdominal pain, bloating and gas and improves your digestion.
- Prevents fluid retention.
- Helps you lose weight.
- Helps with snoring.
- Improves your sleep quality.
How to achieve all these benefits? Take advantage of the health benefits of laurel by preparing this laurel tea.
- 30 grams of laurel (use dried leaves)
- A glass of water
First, boil the water. Then, add the dried leaves. Leave it on heat for a few minutes. After that, remove it from heat. Now, cover the pot. Leave it to cool down.
Then, strain the mixture. Your drink is ready. You can add some honey to enhance the taste. The best time to drink this tea is in the morning and at lest two hours before bedtime.
Health benefits of laurel and healthy tips:
- Laurel tea is a rich source of vitamin A, vitamin C, magnesium, calcium, manganese, potassium, and iron.
- Laurel leaves have potent anti-inflammatory activity which helps relieve body aches. All you have to do is cook 5 laurel leaves in 1 liter of water. Add this mixture in filled bathtub with warm water. Soak time: 15 minutes. This treatment is an excellent therapy for your body.
- To treat inflamed joints, rub laurel oil on the affected area.
- Laurel leaves regulate your blood sugar levels. This leaf is recommended to people who are diagnosed with diabetes.
- Laurel leaves have analgesic effect and treat persistent cough, flu, colds, and other respiratory issues.
- A rinse made from infused laurel leaves can be an effective natural solution in treating dandruff.
- Laurel leaves repel pests, bugs, and insects.
Thank you for your attention.