Sinusitis is the inflammation that affects the tissue and membrane and leads to various symptoms, like thick mucus, pain, fevers, and severe headaches. It can be acute or chronic and is often caused by allergens, viruses, bacteria, fungi, and pollutants.
These are the most common symptoms of sinusitis:
- runny/stuffy nose
- postnasal drip, pain, and pressure in the area around the eyes,
- Swellings in the face area
- a sore throat
- bad breath
- toothache/sensitive teeth
Fortunately, there are natural remedies that help you to cleanse the sinuses and destroy the viruses and bacteria trapped in the air space between the forehead eyes, and cheeks.
Antibiotics, which are often the conventional remedy for sinusitis, can often lead to serious side-effects, so we suggest trying the following natural method prior to turning to medications.
Apparently, apple cider vinegar is one of the most powerful natural remedies for sinusitis, as it effectively clears the airways and breaks up the mucus, boosts the immune system, and destroys bacteria.
Moreover, if you combine it with cayenne pepper, which is high in capsaicin, a strong painkiller that clears nasal congestion, you will get a potent homemade remedy.
This spice treats inflammation, soothes sinusitis symptoms, improves circulation, and alleviates facial pain.
Here is how to prepare this remedy:
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- A bit of cayenne pepper
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 glass of lukewarm water
- 1teaspoon of raw honey
Add the cayenne pepper, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice to the water, and stir well. Sweeten with honey.
To relieve the symptoms of sinusitis, drink the remedy twice daily, and gargle it. In a few days, the sinus infection will be gone!
Additionally, you can try some of the following tips to help you deal with sinusitis better:
- Flush the nasal passages with saline washes and sprays
- Consume spicy foods to open the nasal passages
- Try warm compresses
- Take bromelain supplements to relieve the swelling in the nasal passages
- Try to fight nasal allergies, as they worsen the infection, and eliminate dust mites, install an air filter system, and use bedding with allergen-barriers
- Use a humidifier to keep the air clean and moist
- Hot water vapor will moisten the sinuses and loosen up the mucus
- Make sure you are properly hydrated in order to keep the sinuses moist