You probably know that drinking too much coffee causes certain negative effects.
Coffee can sometimes cause you stomach ulcers, increase your blood pressure, and affect your cardiovascular health.
According to a study, coffee lowers the risk of developing type 2 diabetes, but if you dose your coffee with sugar and other sweeteners and flavorings, you reduce its health benefits.
How can coffee be good for your health?
When consumed properly, coffee can be important part of your healthy lifestyle and fitness plan. Organic coffee as a whole food has therapeutic properties. The combination of polyphenol antioxidants, bioflavonoids, vitamins, and minerals in coffee beans, neutralize the negative effects of the caffeine.
What is caffeine?
Caffeine is the world’s most popular drug, which can improve or harm your health, depending on how it’s used. The amount of caffeine depends on the type of bean, roast, grind, and brewing method. Darker roasts contain less caffeine than lighter roasts. You should also know that the finer the grind is, the higher the amount of caffeine is in the coffee. If you have adrenal insufficiency or electrolyte imbalance, you should be careful with coffee consumption. Pregnant women should cut caffeine out completely.
Health benefits of coffee
- The latest research shows that coffee consumption helps in the prevention of type 2 diabetes as it reduces blood glucose levels.
- According to a study, coffee improves your memory, boosts your cognitive performance, and prevents Alzheimer’s.
- Also, coffee lowers the risk of developing Parkinson’s disease.
- A study which involved a group of men drinking six cups of coffee every day, had 60% lower risk of developing prostate cancer.
- Coffee has been linked with lower rates of fat in the liver and lower rates of hepatitis C disease progression. It also reduces the risk of kidney cancer and colon cancer.
- Drinking moderate amounts of coffee may reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Coffee boosts your metabolism and promotes weight loss.
Coffee quality is very important
- Make sure you always use organic coffee beans, because they are not sprayed with pesticides.
- Choose whole bean coffee that smells fresh.
- Drink your coffee black and don’t add sugar, cream, or flavorings.
- Avoid using plastic cups. Use glass and ceramic travel mugs instead.
- Don’t drink more than 400 ml of coffee per day.