Vinegar has many beauty and health benefits.
It is one of the most common kitchen ingredients. People love using vinegar because it has a variety of uses. Because of its useful purpose, we have great news for you. You can now prepare your own vinegar at home. The instructions couldn’t be simpler. Enjoy your homemade vinegar.
- Starter (read the details below)
- Liquid with alcohol content
- Container (you can use glass or any earthenware made of enamel)
1. First, take a clean container. Then, pour in the starter you’ve chosen. It’s important not to use container made of aluminum, plastic, and iron in order to have good-quality vinegar in the end. Then, swirl the starter around the corner. In this way, you will coat all the surfaces with acetic acid bacteria.
Your choices for starters are the following: unprocessed, unfiltered, and unpasteurized vinegar, mother of vinegar which you can get from anyone who makes vinegar. Keep the mixture under the sun for two weeks. You’ll also need mycoderma aceti which you can find it in a store that makes wine.
2. Now, add the liquid with alcohol content. Keep pouring it up to the widest point of the container. You should leave enough liquid surface area. Choose any of the following ingredients: wine, beer, hard cider, fermented fruit juice from apples, grapes, and raspberries.
3. Then, cover the container by using cheesecloth. Hold it in a place with a string or rubber band.
4. Keep the container in a dark and warm place. Keep it there for 3-4 weeks. The room temperature should be between 60-80 Fahrenheit. Then, you’ll notice how the mother of vinegar is beginning to form.
5. After three weeks, strain the vinegar with cheesecloth to separate the mother vinegar from the vinegar.
Try this recipe and you’ll have your favorite ingredient in your kitchen anytime.