You have probably found yourself in a situation when you intentionally or unintentionally reboiled water in the kettle.
You were probably distracted by someone while you were making the tea or while cooking, and then you had to reboil the water. But , it turns out that you shouldn’t do that and the explanation lies in the composition of water.
When water is heated, it turns into steam. The rising steam from the boiling water is made up of volatile components. These compounds turn the water into steam. Everytime you reboil the water which had already cooled down, you repeat the same process again, which makes these chemical components to transform their structure for the second time. Changing their structure for the second time is the process which is harmful for your body.
Once you put the water to boil for the second time, the harmful compounds that should be removed from the water, stay inside. To be more precise, re-boiled water contains fluoride, nitrates, and arsenic, which become more concentrated during the re-boiling process. For example, healthy minerals like calcium salts become amassed in the re-boiled water. Consuming large amounts of this water, increases the risk of developing kidney stones and gallstones. When exposed to toxic nitrates, arsenic intoxication, and excessive fluoride intake, you are more likely to experience health complications.
If the nitrates in water are exposed to high temperatures, they turn to nitrosamines, which are toxic compounds. Drinking twice-bottled water also increases the risk of heart problems, fertility issues, and neurological disorders.
So, next time, make sure you fill your kettle with fresh water in order to prevent toxic build up in your body.