Ginger is a plant that can be consumed fresh, as an oil, juice, dried and powdered. It is a popular ingredient that has been used as cooking for thousands of years.
It contains tons of compounds like metabolites and nutrients that contribute to the improvement of overall health and healing. It has a pleasant and light spiciness in its taste.
Major health benefits of ginger
- Anti-inflammatory properties – ginger contains an anti-inflammatory agent that can eliminate the dangerous toxins in your body and it can also reduce the inflammation in the joints.
- It can fight cancer – it contains compounds that can slow down and prevent the growth of cancerous cells.
- It regulates the blood pressure – ginger is extremely good for the regulation of the blood pressure.
- Treats pain – ginger can reduce the symptoms of a toothache, migraine, muscle soreness, and dysmenorrhea.
- Improves digestion – this plant contains phenolic compounds that have the ability to stimulate saliva and bile production, relieve gastrointestinal irritation, suppress gastric contractions, and the movement of the fluids and the food through the gastrointestinal tract.
- Treat arthritis – it has anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce the inflammation and the swelling in individuals that are suffering from arthritis or thyroid problems.
- Lowers cholesterol levels – ginger can eliminate the blockage of the blood vessels and lower the cholesterol levels, thus lowering the chances of heart attack.
The FDA considers ginger to be safe to be used as a food additive. If you haven’t already added it to your daily diet, you might consider doing so.