Apple cider vinegar is one of the most popular ingredients in the world.
It offers many health benefits, so no wonder that it has been used as a natural remedy for centuries now. Scientific research has supported the following health benefits.
Apple cider vinegar is high in acetic acid. A Japanese study has shown that acetic acid prevents fat buildup and regulates the blood pressure.
According to a Chinese study, consuming apple cider vinegar together with vegetables reduces the risk of developing esophageal cancer.
Apple cider vinegar has powerful antibacterial and antifungal properties. It is a powerful disinfectant which kills viruses and bacteria. This ingredient is one of the most effective natural remedies when it comes to treating athlete’s foot or yeast infection.
Reduces the bad cholesterol levels and prevents cardiovascular diseases
This vinegar is high in chlorogenic acids which bring down the bad cholesterol levels and prevent clogged arteries. However, you will protect your cardiovascular health by following a balanced diet and being physically active.
Apple cider vinegar has side effects too
Although apple cider vinegar can improve your overall health, it is not recommended in certain cases. For example, apple cider vinegar has a negative effect on people diagnosed with bladder cancer.
You should know these things before drinking apple cider vinegar
- Consuming 8 ounces of apple cider vinegar for a longer period of time can reduce your potassium levels. Low potassium levels increase the risk of bone loss and developing osteoporosis.
- Pregnant women and breastfeeding moms should not be drinking apple cider vinegar because its effect hasnt’t been proven safe in these cases.
- Apple cider vinegar affects the production of insulin and your blood sugar levels. People diagnosed with diabetes should be careful with consuming apple cider vinegar and consult their doctor.
Additionally, insulin also reduces the levels of potassium. So, taking apple cider vinegar together with insulin can significantly lower the amount of potassium in the body.
Don’t consume apple cider vinegar if you are on any of the following medications as they cause low potassium levels.
- Chlorothiazide (Diuril)
- Digoxin (Lanoxin)
- Chlorthalidone (Thalitone)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ, HydroDiuril, Microzide)
- Furosemide (Lasix)
We hope you find this article useful.
Thank you for your attention.