Coconut water kefir has many health benefits.
It is an exceptionally healthy drink, as it is a good source of vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes. This drink does not contain lactose or casein, which means that it is healthier than the regular kefir.
Health benefits of drinking coconut water kefir:
- Improves your eyesight
- Boosts your immune system
- Eases the symptoms of PMS
- Hydrates your body and promotes healthy circulation
- Contains dietary minerals, such as natural sodium, potassium, chloride
- Improves digestion
- Fights pathogenic yeasts in the body
- Increases your energy
- It is a natural appetite suppressant and prevents food craving
You can prepare coconut water kefir in three different ways:
- By using kefir grains
- An existing kefir as a starter
- A kefir starter culture
However, we suggest you trying the kefir grains (water or milk kefir grains). It’s easy to prepare ans is quite cheap.
Here’s the recipe:
- 5 tablespoons of water kefir grains
- 1 Ceylon cinnamon stick
- 7 cups fresh coconut water
In a 1/2 gallon jar, pour the coconut water. Then, add the water kefir grains. Next, cover the jar loosely. Leave it like that for 48 hours. Don’t leave it longer because the fermentation process may cause an explosion.
Once it is fermented, its color will turn lighter. Then, the kefir grains will rise up to the top. Once the culturing process is over, remove the kefir grains.
Use the kefir grains again if you want to prepare another drink.
Enjoy its taste and improve your overall health.
Thank you for your attention.