Chia seed has great nutritional properties and it is one of the most beneficial seeds for the human body.
These seeds were used by ancient civilizations, and the reason why they were so popular was because they contain minerals, vitamins, anti-oxidants and omega 3. This seed was the object of research for multiple scientific studies and all of them concluded that chia can make us lose weight.
It is important to know that this seed must be consumed responsibly. One tablespoon a day will suffice, because it can be harmful if the person overtakes it.
Chia seed and its weight loss benefits
- These seeds can burn fats in the abdomen and waist, by accelerating our metabolism
- Chia can be a very good intestine regulator. The reason for its efficiency is because it has potent fiber material that can control the lazy intestine. It is important to know that you should also drink 2 liters of water every day.
- It is a great calcium provider and calcium helps the body to quickly digest the fats consumed during the day. Flat stomach is also one of its benefits.
- It can moderate our food cravings, because it will fill our stomach and give us the sensation of fullness.
- Chia can help us fight with anxiety and stress, and a lot of dietary specialists recommend it.
- Because it contains omega 3, it can also prevent early aging and fights cellulite.
In order to lose weight, it is very important that you are persistent. You should take chia for at least a month. These seeds can be consumed with other veggies, in salads, with milk etc. Although there are plenty of foods in which chia seeds can be added, it is of vital importance that you do not surpass the recommended daily amount.
The chia milkshake should be consumed twice a day. The first one should be taken an hour before lunch and the other one 3 hours before bedtime. Consume it for three weeks and then take a three week break. This process can be repeated if losing more weight is your priority.
- One and a half cup of milk (you could also use almond milk)
- Half papaya
- 12 grams of chia seeds
How to prepare it
Mix the papaya and the milk in a mixer. You can also add other fruit to enhance the taste. When you get a homogenous mixture, put it in a glass and then add the chia seeds (12 grams). Stir it with a spoon and then leave it for an hour. After that the shake is ready to be consumed and you can even add some ice cubes in it.