It is extremely important to have a proper sleep because it will determine your health and well-being. But, there are a lot of things that can prevent you from getting a good night rest.
You need to be careful and avoid these dangerous bedtime habits:
- Never go to bed with cold feet – you need to warm them up, or you can put a bottle filled with warm water in your blanket in order to warm your feet up.
- Not having a bedtime routine – you need to set up a bedtime routine before you hit the bed, in order to teach your brain that it is time to go to sleep. This can include washing your face, brushing your teeth or some other things that you like.
- Do not drink coffee four hours before going to bed – you need to avoid caffeine because it can make you stay awake for longer periods of time.
- Avoid certain sleeping positions – according to the experts, sleeping on your left side is the best position, which allows your body to get a proper rest.
- Do not keep any electronic devices in the room that you are sleeping in – electronic devices emit radiation which will make your sleeping much more difficult. Also scrolling your phone before going to bed can prevent your brain from falling asleep.
- Avoid reading books before going to bed – reading before going to sleep can keep you awake for longer periods of time.
- You need to avoid a bright alarm clock – alarm clocks that have bright lights should be avoided because they can drag your attention and can disturb your sleep. They will also make you more tired in the morning.
- Do not drink fluids at least 60 minutes before going to bed – drinking fluids before sleeping at night will make you want to go to the bathroom more often, which means that it will disturb your sleep.
- Avoid afternoon naps – Afternoon naps will make your brain and body well rested, and they will not need sleep. Afternoon naps will also change your sleeping routines and that is the reason why you need to avoid them.
- Do not sleep on a mattress that is of lower quality – when it comes to a mattress, you need to choose one that is of high quality because high-quality mattress will make you well rested and you will feel more energized.
- Do not eat at least two hours before going to sleep – when you have a full stomach and you lie down on it, you will not be able to fall asleep as fast because the process of digestion will keep you awake.
- Avoid doing any exercises, at least three hours before going to bed – when you are exercising, your body is filled with adrenaline, and that is the main reason why you cannot go to sleep as quickly as you would like.