Now, I’m not one to tell people how to live their lives but there are some things we’re all doing wrong (myself included).
I’m not sure who was the first person to get it all wrong but it seems we’ve all imitated these methods in our blissful ignorance, assuming we’re doing things right.
Maybe you’re not guilty of all of these but it’s likely you’ve committed a good few – now is the time to learn the right way.
1. Pretty much did this one most of my childhood
2. Watermelons should be cut crosswise rather than sliced
3. This is the correct way to eat cupcakes. I may well stick with the wrong way though.
4. You should hold a glass of wine by pinching the stem with your forefinger and thumb and definitely don’t do what I do, which is basically wrap my hand around it in hope it’ll never leave
5. Ever found that your headphones fall out a lot? Well, that’s because we’re all wearing them wrong
6. When eating pizza, you should always fold it into a U shape so the edges don’t flop over – or don’t, whatever…
7. Ever got to the end of your chicken and wondered why there isn’t more chicken? To get the best out of wings, pull the cartilage on the winder end to get rid of the bones and end up with all the meat
8. Instead of pulling the green bit off the strawberries and having little bits left over, the right way to hull them is with a straw
9. Mangos, you’ve been doing them wrong
10. Next time you do push-ups, keep those bums straight
11. When squatting, you need to bend until your thighs are parallel to the ground
12. Every. Single. Day.
13. With the bow resting horizontally, you’re less likely to find your laces have untied themselves throughout the day…and nobody wants that
14. Stop peeling potatoes, just dunk them in boiling water and then put them into ice cold water and pull the skin away
15. BLT sandwiches. This is how the bacon should be.
16. And this is the best way to make sure your nails are perfectly glam x1000
17. Stop wasting time washing your bloody blenders, get some boiling water and washing up liquid in there, turn it on and let the machine clean itself
Arguably, you’ll probably all continue doing things the way you’re already doing them and humans are creatures of habit – but don’t you say I didn’t offer you a better alternative.