There are some people that seem to forget that adding fat to their diet is not going to increase their weight.
Coconut oil for example, helps our body to burn more calories and boosts the metabolism. It is not like the other oils, and it contains medium chain fatty acids. Most of the other oils contain long chain fatty acids. The former are metabolized in a different way than the latter, which leads to a significant metabolism boost.
According to a study, two tablespoons of these medium chain fatty acids, can increase the energy expenditure of the body by 5%.
That aside, the addition of coconut oil to your cup of coffee, also enhances the taste and it makes your coffee creamy and rich. There are number of reasons why you should add this oil to your coffee:
- Unlike cream or milk, coconut oil will not cool down your hot coffee.
- It will not dilute the flavor.
- You will feel energized and alert for longer periods of time.
- While dairy creamers expire quickly, this one is always on-hand.
It is important to note that although fat is good for your body, it needs to only be consumed in moderate amounts.
How to make coconut oil creamer?
- Half a cup of organic and raw honey
- ¾ of a cup of organic coconut oil
- One teaspoon of organic cinnamon powder
- One teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- One tablespoon of organic cocoa powder (this one is optional)
How to prepare it:
You will need to mix all the ingredients together and whisk them until they form a homogenous mixture. Then, store the mixture in a jar.
When you prepare your favorite coffee, just add one or two tablespoons of the mixture you previously prepared in the cup. Then blend the creamer and your coffee for about five seconds and enjoy.